Monday, March 24, 2014

#GettinHitched

Over the weekend, Haley & I experienced a pretty big step in our life together.... We got engaged!



For those of you who know us already know, we have been dating for just over 18 months at this point,  but have actually known each other for years. It wasn't until July of 2012 that we reconnected, comparing notes on cameras and photography. One thing led to another and I asked her on a date, which she initially said "no" to, but I was able to win her over, and boy was she glad I did. (Or so I like to think!) Our relationship has been full of God-moments, and we couldn't be more glad to say that. They have not always been easy things to deal with, but we have both grown as individuals, and in our faith, through them. We have been taught grace, forgiveness, and love throughout this time, all of which stems from our relationships with Christ. Apart of that God-centered foundation, we would not be where we are today.

So, you probably want to hear about the proposal, which makes sense, so here ya go...


It all began when I invited Haley on a "surprise" date on Saturday, March 22. This is something we try to do every few months, just as an opportunity to be romantic and do something different for each other. On this particular occasion, I told Haley I was running late for our date and that her brother would helping out by giving her a lift to our "date spot". This began a 45-minute adventure around town, including stops at memorable locations from our relationship and each of her family members swapping out as the chauffeur.

Ultimately, her destination was the home of some friends of ours. They have a charming, well planned outdoor space, complete with a treehouse. With the help of friends and family, we decorate the yard with candles, lanterns, song lyrics & a fire. The atmosphere was welcoming and full of warmth.









As Haley entered the back lawn, stepping down from the deck onto the pathway, I began to tear up, knowing what an exciting, important moment this was for both of us. I led her to the treehouse where the ringbox was waiting, along with a handwritten card and some of her favorite flowers. After some laughter, tears, and hugs, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. I was quite glad when she said "yes", not because I doubted she would, but because I have seen far too many proposal stories where long, awkward pauses find their way into that special moment, and boy was I glad that didn't happen!





Immediately following the "on-the-knee" moment, we climbed down from the tree & were greeted by Haley's family. We took lots and lots of pictures (which I love) then head to Grimaldi's Pizzeria to celebrate with them. All in all, it was an amazing night. I am so fortunate to have such an amazing fiancé, and can't wait to see what God has in store for us as we head into our future together!

Stay tuned for more updates on our story!








3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Haley and Bryan!!! I could not be happier for you both!! This engagement story is so sweet, I am crying reading it. Take in every second of this time in your life, your engagement and wedding will FLY by. I have followed your story via IG and I am so glad y'all are finally engaged I have been rooting for this for what seems like forever :). Congrats again!
    Eryn

    PS- GREAT job on that ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!! ( and bride to be ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your proposal story was very sweet and you guys are looking great in these pictures. I hope your wedding was also amazing and memorable. I am also getting married in a few weeks and I can’t wait for my wedding day to arrive. We’ve been making arrangements for the wedding at one of the spectacular venues in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete