Friday, August 22, 2014

Fancy Meat & Potatoes

This past week, I made a simple, tasty new meal that I hadn't ever made before. Haley and I are in wedding prep mode, so we are eating at home more, healthier, fresher foods, etc. As I walked through our local HEB grocery store, I saw some chicken-kabobs sitting in the meat market counter. I had never had these particular kabobs, so of course, why not try them.


And we also made some yummy roasted red potatoes! All I did was cube the potatoes into 1-inch chunks and boil them until fork tender (about 8 minutes). Then I drained the water, and tossed them in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, and parsely flakes. Lay them out on a baking sheet and roast at 425 for 25 minutes. Yummm!



If youre looking for an easy, tasty meal, give this "Fancy" meat and potatoes option a try! (We paired it with a bottle of Plush Chardonnay)



No comments:

Post a Comment